Friday, December 24, 2010

DHANYA ON RUMI

"Our task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find
all the barriers within ourselves
that we have built against it."  Rumi
Yes, love is my true nature, ever available at all times, in all places. Not recognizing this, the most basic fact of my existence, I project my very own love and happiness out into the world of changing experience, and then run after it. The Upanisads compare this to trying to drink water from a mirage.
The barriers which block me from recognizing my true nature as it always and ever is, are all of the things the mind takes my self to be.  I believe that I am limited, small, subject to change, subject to moods, thoughts, emotions, subject to hurt and pain.
Once I have distinguished my very own self as I truly am, self-shining, self-evident, love itself, the actual essence of all that was previously sought in countless fruitless efforts, then these 'as though' barriers fall away one by one, and my very own light, which is fullness, which is love, stands revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment