Friday, January 21, 2011

KARMA DHARMA

[advaitin] Karma
Inbox
X

Reply
 


 
Free will and fate or destiny are two sides of the same coin. Because I exercised free will in the past, I am now accountable for what I did using my free will - that forms my destiny. The destiny provides the environment for me 1. to act 2. not to act or 3 to act in a different way. This choice in the action I have at any time - in fact as intelligent being I cannot but choose one or the other and my future environment is past modified my current choice of action. Thus both free will and the destiny will be operating all the time for a human. For other animals and plants there is not much of free will and they go by instincts. Hence they only exhaust the vaasanas rather than accumulate new ones.
 
When I am free - that means when I realize that I am not these upaadhis but I am sat chit ananda swaruupa which is of infinite nature, I am free from free will. The actions are done by prakRiti itself and I am not accountable for those actions. Hence Krishna says I am untouched by the results of these actions. I am totally free from actions and the results. I can watch the prakRiti dancing in my presence. I lend a support without my self getting affected. Then it becomes a kriiDa or play or liila etc.
 
Actually I am free from all actions all the time since that is my nature as the self. But I unnecessarily take the actions by the prakRiti as my actions and therefore I suffer as a consequence. It is like a villager carrying a big trunk sitting in the train since he felt sorry for the train to carry so much load, and he thought he can help the train by having that trunk on his head while sitting in the train. This is exactly we do in trying to own the actions that is being done in our presence by prakRiti – says Krishna. But as long we have doership notion, then karma yoga helps slowly as saadhana to get rid of this notion that I am the doer.
 
Hope I am clear.
Hari Om!
Sadanand

No comments:

Post a Comment